Thursday, July 07, 2016

summer in Sundance, part two


Here's something fun we did while we were in Utah: We spent a day at the Utah Olympic Park in Park City. It has lots of fun activities, like ropes courses, zip lines, and an alpine slide.


Elliot is obsessed with American Ninja Warrior, so he was excited to try this ropes course. He and Oliver both said it was harder than it looked, but they did it! And then they had to zip line off. Ah!


It was so high, and Elliot looked so small, but he was brave! I almost couldn't watch, I was so nervous, but he said it was a lot of fun.


Meanwhile, Mike had the ride of his life. Just kidding. He loved the summer tubing slope the best. It went so fast and looked so scary! (You can see the track behind Oliver in the zip line photo just above.) My favorite thing was watching the ski jump team practice into the pool.

A tip if you decide to go to the Olympic Park: wear sunscreen and a hat! There's not a speck of shade anywhere, and we all came home a little pink.


Mabel was at EFY at BYU with her cousin, Audrey, all week. We spotted her from afar as we went to the BYU bookstore for our annual indoctrination tour.


This is my parents' backyard. (Take me back!)


And this is the stream that runs through the bottom of it.



We went on lots of walks.


My parents' house looks so different when it's not covered in snow. :) I love Sundance in all seasons, but summer is my favorite.


We took one final walk to the stream before we headed home to this hot, brown, burning desert. Sigh. This trip almost made me regret encouraging Mike to attend ASU instead of BYU for his MBA in the fall. Almost.

3 comments:

  1. I've never been there but that looks fantastic!!! Though I honestly wouldn't mind a hot, brown, burning desert. I get so tired of mowing here in Central Illinois during the hot humid summer months. I experienced a little of the dry heat when we were at the Badlands in South Dakota last month and I can tell you that, for me, I much prefer hot dry heat over hot humid heat which really makes things unbearable here in July and August. :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so similar to what we do in WY at my In-Laws every summer. And....every year I tell Aaron we need to move to WY is SO much prettier than Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so similar to what we do in WY at my In-Laws every summer. And....every year I tell Aaron we need to move to WY is SO much prettier than Arizona.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!