Wednesday, November 11, 2015

for Veterans and for America, too


I am glad that Veteran's Day falls in November. Because I am trying to make more of an effort to be grateful this month, I give Veteran's Day more thought than I otherwise would. Both of my grandfathers and Mike's grandfathers served in the military, but it is not something I think about often. We went downtown to watch the parade, hoping to feel the spirit of this day a little better. There is something so American about marching bands and small horses and girls with batons parading down the streets. I loved it. But mostly I loved that it made me stop and think about the service and sacrifice of so many families to protect this nation. I left the parade feeling more grateful, for their sacrifice, and for my citizenship in this land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!