Thursday, November 19, 2015

for the temple


Once the kids went back to school, I started attending the temple each week. I can't tell you the difference this has made in my life, but I suppose I will try.

When I attend the temple, I feel a great sense of peace--that no matter what is happening in my life or in the world, everything will be ok. Being in the temple gives me an eternal perspective. It reminds me that this life is about family and faith and obedience. I'd never been very good at regular temple attendance before, but making it a weekly event put it into my routine and now it is easier to be consistent. I knew that increasing my attendance would be a good thing, but I didn't expect that it would touch every part of my life like it has. It is easier to speak kindly to my children, to read my scriptures everyday, to be patient in line at the grocery store. I feel like I am more generous, more willing to serve others, and more understanding when others disagree with me. My weekly temple attendance has helped me to focus on what is most important and to feel more gratitude in my day-to-day life.

I am thankful for this change that I made. I am thankful to live so near a temple and that I am in a stage in my life where a weekly temple trip is doable. Mostly I am thankful for the peace I feel there, and for the blessings I've received through my attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!