Saturday, November 21, 2015

for the plan


This morning Mike and I attended the funeral of a faithful and valiant young man from our neighborhood. As I watched his mother, my friend, who never left his side during his four year battle with cancer, stand and boldly bear testimony of the joy she feels because of her knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, I knew exactly what I needed to share here for my month of gratitude. Friends, readers, I am thankful for the plan of happiness that our Heavenly Father created for us. This plan began before we came to this earth and continues after we leave. It gives me guidance and direction, and an assurance that I am a daughter of a loving God. I was sent to this earth to receive a physical body, to gain experience, and to be tested. Because of Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice, after I die, I can live again with Him and with my loved ones. Knowledge of this plan brings me peace and joy, especially when someone I love leaves this life for the next. I am thankful for this knowledge. It buoys me up when things are tough and provides solace when life feels overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!