Tuesday, October 20, 2015

fall break, cabin style


My kids had fall break last week, so we spent a few days at my in-law's cabin in Heber, Arizona. It was still 100 degrees when we left the valley, so the cooler mountain temperatures felt really great.



Our days looked a lot like this: staying outside all day collecting rocks, playing games with cousins, and reading. We came home relaxed and ready for a new season.


By day the fire pit acted as a school room.


By night it was s'mores central.



On the way home we stopped at the Mogollon Rim lookout point. Sometimes it's nice to remind myself that Arizona is a really beautiful place.

And good news, our high is only going to be 79 today! Every fall I feel like I should win some sort of award for surviving another Arizona summer. I think the cooler temperatures are here to stay. We've made it once again. Phew.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM

    I love the school setup! So perfect. Looks like a nice escape!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!