Friday, November 07, 2014

Sunday in New York


Sunday was so good. It was a perfect, crisp, autumn-in-New York kind of day. We spent the morning walking around Central Park.




We exited the park on the Upper West Side, and explored a bit until it was time for church. Going to church on vacation has become one of my favorite things to do. I don't know if it is because I am out of my usual routine, and away from my own ward members whom I know so well, so my distractions are fewer, but I always come away from my meetings full to the brim with good feelings and spiritual revelation. It is easy to go to church at home every sunday because I am in the habit of going to church. But maybe it is because I am choosing to go to church, when I otherwise might not have to, that makes the difference. This Sunday was wonderful. The things I heard and felt at the Manhattan 1st Ward have stuck with me ever since. I am still mulling them around in my head and hope to share some thoughts here soon.


I decided that I could live on the Upper West Side, too. No problem.


We switched hotels this day, and our new ritzy room had a fantastic view. It was nice to watch the sun set on the city.

3 comments:

  1. I love "traveling" with you. All your adventures are so fun to read about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think New York wards are especially awesome. I loved mine when I was there! Every sunday was rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and p.s. these posts are killing me - i so hope toni and me can make it work in NYC next year... GAH it just kills me to think we could potentially move there!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!