Wednesday, May 21, 2014

California Quinoa Salad


I don't remember how I came across this recipe for California Quinoa Salad, but I am glad I did. It is fresh and light, and full of good things like mango and peppers and coconut. I'm trying not to eat sugar during the week, and with the raisins and mango, it even satisfied my sweet tooth. I made it for my lunch the other day, then served it to my family as a side that night at dinner. Fair warning: my kids wouldn't take more than the one bite required of new foods. But I thought it was delicious.

I followed the recipe with just a few small changes: I added avocado, because I don't think something can be called "California" without it, and instead of 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, I only added a few splashes. I wanted the lime to shine, and it sure did. Oh, and my mangoes were very small, so I used two. I don't even like bell peppers, but I really loved them in this dish. I'll make it again for sure!

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!