Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's how happy people live.



Mike and I were going to run the big, official Turkey Trot this morning. But then Mike injured his ankle a few weeks ago and our training schedule went out the window. So we ran a less competitive (but SO fun) neighborhood trot together instead. Thanks to Mike, I even shaved a minute from my best time (49:01 today!). The race was bright and early and we were home before it was even time to fry the turkey. While Mike gets his frying station rigged up, I am going to make my mom's sausage stuffing and bake the rolls.

All month long I've been talking about what I am thankful for, and this morning as I was working in the kitchen, all of those things and more washed over me and my heart was full. I have a happy life, and I am so thankful for it.

I saw this video a few days ago and wanted to share it with you. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I am giving thanks for my family,even though I seldom get to see them. Pictures,blogs and messages on facebook are my connections and I am so grateful. Thank you for being a special granddaughter and for giving me such a beautiful family. Love you all and miss you.
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so simple, sweet, and heartfelt. i do so enjoy your blog. your words carry through me so often. thank you for sharing today, all the yesterdays, and what tomorrows will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FANTASTIC video clip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!