Wednesday, November 30, 2011

family photos and good samaritans


Today I am thankful that after almost 11 years of marriage and 4 children, we finally got some family pictures taken. The fact that we haven't done it until now is pretty ridiculous. We had a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see if our photographer got some good shots (we are kind of notorious for being unphotogenic people).

After our pictures were taken, our car wouldn't start. But I am thankful for all of the nice people who stopped to help us, including a neighbor who was passing by and gave me and the kids a ride home. People are good, I tell you, and because of their kindness we were on our way in no time.

I'm a little bit sad to see my month of Thanksgiving posts come to an end. They have been so much fun, and such a great exercise in focusing on the good things in my life. This is what I have learned: money might be tight, and things might not always go like I've planned, but I have so so much to be thankful for.

And now I think I am officially ready for Christmas. Yay.

4 comments:

  1. Came across your blog at the beginning of the month (a friend of mine is starting up a Singer's Company group in our area and had a link to your post about it.) Anyway, it has been fun reading this month...hope you have a blessed Christmas season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People ARE nice, aren't they? Our van battery died the other day in the Babies R Us parking lot. We didn't even have to ask this guy for a jump, he just noticed that we needed help and offered right away. I'm so glad that there are still people out there who are willing and ready to help each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya, and I'm excited to see your family picture! How could you go wrong with such a beautiful family?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unphotogenic? NO way! I remember your family pics from blog posts past and they were gorgeous. I loved your gratitude posts also Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!