Tuesday, October 04, 2011

the most wonderful time of the year


I've been pinning pumpkin recipes like a mad woman. So when I finally saw a small stack of canned pumpkin at my grocery store on Saturday, I went weak in the knees. This was the first recipe I tried. If you don't forget the salt like I did, these cookies are probably really great. As it was, mine were kind of a miss. But, I still think they looked pretty. And they were so light and fluffy, they really did melt in your mouth. Let me assure you, one missed ingredient is not enough to deter me. There are so many more pumpkin recipes to try! I promise to let you know how they turn out.

For now, I am looking forward to cooler temperatures and lots of cozy days spent baking in my kitchen.

p.s. Don't forget to enter the DownEast giveaway. Today is the last day!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty picture, Stephanie. I think our cake plate (and cupcake plate) collections are twins. :)

    Off to enter the giveaway. Still hadn't done it and grateful for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should have a fall festivus with all kinds of pumpkin desserts and apple goodies. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were less than ten cans of pumpkin at our local market yesterday. And it's not even near Thanksgiving! So I snatched a can while I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! I've been looking for something like this so thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!