Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I have nurseries on the brain.


When my sister moved recently, I was the lucky recipient of her pristine collection of Martha Stewart Baby magazines. They are a treasure. I just love Martha Stewart's people. Don't you?

I have been poring over them, looking for ideas for our new nursery.

I am aiming for something sweet and simple, and of course kind of boy-ish. The only requirements are that I use our existing furniture (including my favorite red crib) and the wall color (a warm neutral from Behr called Oat Straw) cannot be changed (because I don't feel like painting). Oh, and I can't spend any money.

This is why I am not the kind of person who can wait until birth to find out the sex of my baby. There is decorating to be done.

image from Martha Stewart Baby Spring 2001 issue

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a nursery to decorate, but I've got limited space, plus I'm in a rental and can't paint or anything. But I think I'd still prefer waiting til the birth to find out the baby's gender, even if I had a space to decorate. I prefer the neutral stuff, and gender specific touches can be added later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which room will he sleep in? Will Stella move in with Mabel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...is that the issue with the vintage pillowcase dress's?? love that one....that is the reason why I started sewing.....and love the fact that your crib is red....would look great with aqua walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pic, but I doubt the set-up would last long! I love that red crib.. and know you'll be creative in setting up a nursery again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see what you do! and i'm glad you like the magazines. should have sent them years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when you said "red crib", my heart jumped - i love your red crib. i'm sure what ever you do, it will be perfect. can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did u find that changing basket thingy?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!