Friday, November 03, 2017

for the temple + happy weekend


Earlier this year, our stake president challenged us to attend the temple often enough that it felt like a sacrifice. I had been trying to attend once a week, but his encouragement helped me to step it up a bit and be sure to not miss. I am lucky that I only live a few minutes from the Mesa Temple, and I am grateful for the time I spend there each week. This morning while I was there, I felt peace about something that has been troubling me, and inspiration on how to move forward in my assignment at church. I know inspiration and peace can come anywhere, but I think they come more easily in the temple. Through my regular attendance, I have learned more about our Savior and gained a greater appreciation for His role in our Heavenly Father's plan. Attending frequently has given me better perspective and an increased desire to be a better wife and mother. I am thankful for the counsel I received to attend more often.

Another plug for this month of gratitude: President Monson said in 2001, "Think to thank. In these three words you have the finest capsule course for a happy marriage, the formula for enduring friendships, and a pattern for personal happiness." We all want to be happier, I think. Gratitude is a sure way to find that happiness.

I took Mabel and Oliver to see Borns perform last night (on a school night even! but we couldn't pass up a free concert and Electric Love is my guilty pleasure), so I am hoping for a nap later today. And maybe a batch of healthy cookies. I'm looking at this recipe. And then maybe dinner out with Mike. Ok, lofty goals for a Friday afternoon, but I think it's doable!

I hope you have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!