Sunday, November 05, 2017

for a regional conference


Today we joined with members of our church from all over the southwest in a regional conference broadcast. I am thankful for instruction from our church leaders. It blesses my life and helps me know how to be a better wife, mother, neighbor, and daughter.

My favorite thing that I heard today came from Elder Wakolo. He said that we need to act in doctrine and principle over personality, and that we can't be casual in our obedience to the doctrine. It is easy to let our natural tendencies determine our actions, but those tendencies don't always align with the doctrine. One of the reasons we are here on this earth is to overcome natural tendencies that lead us away from our Father in Heaven. Keeping our devotion from becoming casual helps us keep those tendencies in check. I am thankful for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!