Friday, April 28, 2017

happy weekend


That beautiful new dishwasher right there represents true love. Here's why: Our old dishwasher broke a few months ago, and I have been hand washing our dishes ever since (#firstworldproblems, I know). But because he loves me, Mike took our tax return (the first we've gotten in years!) and bought a new one. Be still my heart! I am trying to retrain myself so that instead of scrubbing all of the dishes in the sink before putting them in the dishwasher like I have always done, I just scrape the food off and put them in unrinsed, as per the dishwasher's instructions. So far so good. We've been living in our house long enough now where we might have to start fixing and replacing things, I guess. I like that settled, long-term feeling.

Our activities are starting to wind down, and it feels great. Slower, less busy days are on the horizon. Mike only has a few days left of his first year of MBA school, and he is definitely due for a break, or in the very least, a nice, long nap. He has worked so hard! But before that happens we have one more baseball game, a few more volleyball matches, two really big choir concerts, and Mike has a few more finals to take.

It's not too hot here yet, so we'll be outside this weekend, trying to get our yard in order before summer hits.

What do you have planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!