Friday, January 13, 2017

happy weekend


We have the eleven o'clock time slot at church this year, which makes walking to church much more appealing than the eight thirty slot. Plus the weather has been really fantastic. I love January. I hope it never ends.

Here's something exciting: Dandee is back to blogging! I have loved her blog for years and I am so happy that she is writing there again. I know blogging isn't as popular as it once was, but I will love it forever and ever.

I keep thinking I am going to get back on my no added sugar routine, but I have had the hardest time since the new year started. But! Every day is a new day and a fresh start and maybe today is the day. (But it's probably not.)

I've been working on lots of sewing projects lately, which means I have been watching quite a few shows. I made it through all of the seasons of the Great British Sewing Bee, and now I'm half way through Victoria. Great Britain makes the best tv. That's all there is to it.

Something I'm looking forward to this weekend: My sister is flying in to town and then we're driving to California together to see our other sister who is visiting there for a few days. Hooray!

I hope you have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like nice things going on there and that photo - it looks like springtime! We don't have that here in Illinois of course, but we've had a really good January weather-wise at least in the central part of the state where we live. For instance, many days in the mid-50s and that's basically unheard of for January when it's more normally below zero. A little ice predicted here this weekend, but we presently have absolutely NO snow on the ground and whatever occurs for this 3-day weekend will quickly melt by the early part of next week since it's showing back in the mid to upper 50s then. Happy weekend to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also will love blogging forever and ever! I no longer blog myself but still follow a few, yours included. I would miss this peek into the lives of women I admire.

    This is our sixth winter in Apache Junction and I must admit to being done with the gray skies. They are too reminiscent of the IL winters we escape. Bring back sunny winter days AZ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent my children off to school today in 2 degree weather so your Arizona January looks like a dream! Also, thanks for the warm welcome back. I will love blogging forever and ever because of wonderful people like you. xoxo Oh, and happy sister weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love blogging too! Long live the bloggers. I'm so thankful for yours and Dandee's blog. They help inspire me.
    Did you watch the crown on Netflix yet? It's rated mature, but I watched the series and found it as clean as Downton Abby. I'm also looking forward to Victoria on PBS, starting soon. Watching a sewing show while you sew - Smile!
    Have fun with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your recommendation of the sewing show. How are you watching it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!