Thursday, October 13, 2016

cabin life


Mike's parents have a cabin in the mountains, about two and a half hours away. Since Mike and the kids are off on fall break this week, we spent a few days there unwinding in the cool, non-internet connected air.

Cabin life means pulling out our warmest clothes and realizing that we don't have any warm clothes.


It means long walks in the evenings.


And two out of four kids who willingly pose for photos.


Cabin life means at least one night around the fire pit roasting marshmallows.


And it means lots of lazy afternoons, reading books or playing games.

My favorite thing about going to the cabin is seeing my kids happy together. They genuinely get along with each other, and I love the bonds of friendship they form when it's just our little family without any distractions. If I was an emoji, I'd have all the heart eyes.

And now I think we are ready to get back at it. Maybe? Well, after this weekend, for sure. School (and all the housework), here we come. In a few days. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We have the very same problem with warm clothes. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!