Friday, August 12, 2016

happy weekend


Well, we are three days into the new school year and I have to be honest, I feel a little out of sorts. I didn't expect to feel this way! I'm a little lost. The good news is that my house is really clean. The bad news is that I've spent the past two days doing nothing but cleaning. I don't want to spend all my time cleaning. Time to reread this post, I guess.

Here's the school report: Mabel says high school is a glorified eighth grade and is underwhelming. Phew! Oliver's bus leaves later than last year, giving him about half an hour more sleep in the mornings. In classic Stella fashion, she says things are "great." And Elliot is really, really tired. Good thing tomorrow is the weekend and he can rest up.

My kids are dying to see Pete's Dragon this weekend, but I kind of just want to veg in front of the olympics. Doesn't that sound nice?

Here's something good: Rubygirl.org. My sister introduced me to it. It's a wonderful, uplifting, and positive place for girls (and women, too!). From their site, Rubygirl is a place where "young women from all over the world gather to exchange ideas, work through problems, share faith, and build friendships. . . We hope to encourage writing as a tool for spiritual, personal, and emotional development." I subscribed Mabel to their feed. She spends a lot of time online, and Rubygirl seems like a better place to browse than pinterest, you know?

Have a happy one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Mabel likes rubygirl.org! I think it's a great site too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:08 AM

    Ellen writes for us at RubyGirl! And tell Mabel we'd love to hear from her too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!