Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Paris: the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees


It took us four days of being in Paris to finally see its most famous attractions. Since it was rainy, we took the metro from our hotel to the Arc de Triomphe. I had planned on leisurely walking down the Champs Elysees, but it was so rainy! So we walked quickly and ducked into lots of shops on our way to get out of the rain. 


That night, we saw the Eiffel Tower. I hope whoever decided to make it sparkle on the hour got a big raise, because it was magical. We went back the next day to see it in the daytime, and I have to say that this is the most touristy spot in all of Paris. For good reason, though, there were so many visitors! It is beautiful and stunning and worth walking through the million guys selling mini Eiffel Tower figurines to see it. 


Mike does this thing at famous places where he poses like he's holding it up. He does it everywhere and it makes me laugh every single time. Fifteen years into our marriage and I still think he's the funniest guy in the world. And you can't tell, but I am wearing about 6 layers of clothes. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!