Sunday, January 03, 2016

Christmas at Sundance: in the snow

It feels like a dream now, but while we were at my parents' house, it snowed and snowed and snowed.  I snuck out of the house for a few minutes to take some photos of the winter wonderland.


There is a road in there somewhere!


My dad spent hours clearing his driveway.


This is what "snowed in" looks like. The road to Sundance was closed for over a day while we were there, so we really were stuck. I didn't mind one bit.



One afternoon, while the skiers skied and the snowboarders snowboarded, we went sledding at Soldier Hollow in Midway. Well, Mike and the kids went sledding. I stayed in the warm lodge with my mom, who had foot surgery recently and was still on a scooter. Also, did I mention that it was snowing? I was happy to stay dry inside. Living in Arizona has made me completely incapable of dealing with cold, wet weather.



Which is why there are lots of pictures taken from inside the house. Desert living didn't seem to have the same effect on my children, though, as they spent hours outside digging and sledding and building snowmen.




Brother Lincoln and his adorable family.


Sister Julianne and her son, Ben.


Ben says goodbye for now! Thanks for the memories, Sundance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!