Sunday, November 15, 2015

for motherhood


Here's the thing about being a mother (and the older my kids get, the more I realize this is true): I have to be my best self or I am failing them. Please don't misunderstand me. This does not mean that I have to be perfect, but I do have to be trying to do the right thing. My children are watching, and what they see me do will form their own habits and beliefs. I believe that life is about shedding my natural tendencies and learning to be more like my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Being a mother helps me to do that, and I am so very thankful for the opportunity. Motherhood stretches and strengthens me. It humbles and teaches me, and it is my highest, most sacred privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!