Monday, August 03, 2015

living the dream


Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm living the dream. That this life didn't just happen to me, but that I chose it. This is important to remember because sometimes I feel like this life requires more than I have to give - or at least more than I have to give with a good attitude. But that isn't true. I can be kind, even when I am feeling tired or hungry or overwhelmed. I can be cheerful when I really just want to be alone. I can look above the mundane and see the divine. But it takes effort, and sometimes I don't feel up to the challenge. The good news is that tomorrow is always a new day, and I can try again.

6 comments:

  1. Surprising how 'how not easy,' it is to do what you speak of! But it is so wonderful to try, and to keep re-committing! You are a daily dose of wisdom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good walk in nature (or just around the block) reminds me of all of this when I need to be reminded. (Of course when it is 0 degrees out in the winter, or unbearably hot like it probably is for you, I have to find another alternative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read this tonight. The chaos of summer is getting to me. And I am ready for fall. But I need to remember that though I am weary, I still can be kind. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, did I need to read this today! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way of putting it. I think we all need this reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!