Friday, August 14, 2015

happy weekend


This is why I chose half day kindergarten right here. He had started to give his naps up during the summer, but school wipes him out just enough so that we find ourselves having a little lie down after lunch. Thank goodness.

This week I have been reminded of the truth that everyone is happier when they have work to do. Forming a routine is key at our house. We've fallen into a nice one already, and it feels great. There is a purpose to our days that was sometimes lacking during summer break (which is how it should be, I think). But I am grateful for this new school year, for the fresh start, and the opportunity for growth for all of us.

I like where we are and who we are becoming.

Have a happy weekend!

p.s. Mike made a Facebook page for my blog. I don't know how it works, or why a blog even needs a Facebook page, but if you'd like to follow along there, here is the link.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the half day kindergarten. I think that's how it should be. Our district is going to all day K this year and I am so happy my kids are past having to deal with that.
    Your son reminds me of me....I also like a little nap after I eat lunch.
    Glad your routine is productive. That's a good feeling. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!