Friday, April 24, 2015

happy weekend


I realized yesterday that the days of having just Elliot at home with me are quickly coming to an end. Summer vacation will be here before we know it. And then he'll be off to kindergarten after that. I'm not a terribly sentimental person, but I think because he's my last, these milestones are more difficult than they used to be. Happily, he'll be attending half day kindergarten, so I'll still have lots of mornings to sit and watch him color. Or eat. I love watching him eat. It is so satisfying. I don't remember thinking that about any of my other kids.

By some strange stroke of luck, it is the end of April and it's still nice outside. I was prepared to shut myself in the house and start complaining to Mike about the heat already, but I won't do that just yet. So let's dig a big hole to bury our trampoline this weekend! Or go running! Or at the very least, sit on the front porch and feel the cool breeze on our faces - before it's so hot that our eyeballs want to shrivel up. I'm not exaggerating. It really does get that hot here. I remember when Oliver was just a toddler, we'd step outside in the summer and he would put his hands up to his eyes and yell, "HOT!" in the saddest, most discouraged little voice. Oh Arizona, you are so difficult to love sometimes. But not today. Today the loving comes easy.

Happy weekend friends!

2 comments:

  1. We spend seven months here and love it! At home in IL we do good to get a couple of weeks here and there when we can truly enjoy being outdoors. We visited our daughter and her family here once in August so I get how unbearably hot it is but then there are seven months of great weather with a bad day here and there. We head back east next week and are already torn about leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hot, that is true, but I miss it! I much prefer to be burning hot than to be freezing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!