Thursday, February 05, 2015

baked oatmeal, take two


A few of you shared your family's recipe for baked oatmeal after my post a couple of weeks ago. Thank you! I haven't tried them all, but I've made Karen's a couple of times and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with the rest of you. I hope that's ok, Karen.

Karen's Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use melted butter instead)
3/4 cup sugar (I decreased this to 1/3)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins (my crazy kids don't like raisins, so I just put a few in for myself)
2 tablespoons brown sugar for sprinkling on top

Beat the oil and sugar together. Mix in the eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Then stir in the oatmeal and raisins. Pour into a lightly greased pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cover, and refrigerate over night. In the morning, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Serve with milk and any fruit you have on hand, but you don't have to. It's great plain! I love the raisins in this one, and I really love the way the edges get a little crispy. Plus, it makes my whole house smell cozy and delicious first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to leave the raisins out for my kiddos too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!