Monday, December 15, 2014

on that holy night


"Think of the simple yet dignified way our Heavenly Father chose to honor the birth of His Son. On that holy night, angels appeared not to the rich but to shepherds. The Christ child was born not in a mansion but in a manger. He was wrapped not in silk but in swaddling clothes.

The simplicity of that first Christmas foreshadowed the life of the Savior. Though He had created the earth, walked in realms of majesty and glory, and stood at the right hand of the Father, He came to earth as a helpless child. His life was a model of modest nobility, and He walked among the poor, the sick, the downcast, and the heavy laden."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Fill the World with Christ's Love

As I head in to this last, too busy week of school, I needed a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. This video filled me with peace, and the quote from President Uchtdorf helped me to remember what is most important. Service, love, modesty - the hallmarks of Christ's mission on this earth. Those are the things I want to remember this Christmas season.

Good luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!