Tuesday, November 18, 2014

for a morning alone


When I was little, my favorite book to check out from the library was Bear By Himself. It starts, "There are times when a bear has to be alone with himself, to think his own thoughts and sing his own songs. He must pause and enjoy: listening to the quiet, smelling the rain or talking to a river. . . As the evening deepens to darkness, there is his own friendly house to come home to with his books and his toys and his own soft bed. He feels the dark and sleeps -- and dreams."

Well, Elliot went off to preschool this morning. And my parents left for California with my nephew, David. I am alone. It feels good to think my own thoughts and sing my own songs for a little bit. I am thankful for this quiet morning by myself at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!