Sunday, November 03, 2013

for bright mornings and close church buildings


Just through that gate, across the park, and down the block is our church building. We are so lucky! This morning was beautiful and sunny and bright. I snapped this quick photo and then rounded up the kids to head out the gate to church. When the weather is nice, like it was this morning, we try to walk to church. That means being ready to leave just a little bit earlier. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, I can feel the difference it makes to our Sabbath day. Not only does it get some wiggles out before we sit down for our long meetings, but it helps me focus and prepare my spirit to be taught. It takes away a little of the pre-church rush and helps me to slow down and listen to the quiet. I am thankful for the closeness of our church building, and for weather that allows us to walk there. I certainly needed it today.

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of my growing up years in Mesa where practically every Sunday was nice enough to walk to church. We went to the Lazona ward building and only had to walk up 3rd Place. Now I live in Utah and there are four buildings within walking distance! What do we do? We drive. Well, my 50-something year old feet would not appreciate walking in heels for even a block. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!