Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'll try just about any pumpkin chocolate cookie recipe. I think I've established that fact here on this blog. I saw this one on Hey Natalie Jean, and loved that it called for molasses. I think that's what sets these apart from the rest. The molasses gives them a richer flavor. They only change I made was to switch the oil to butter. They were light and cake-y and I immediately parceled them out to the neighbors (the recipe makes a ton!) so that Elliot and I wouldn't eat them all for lunch.

Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love subbing butter for the oil. Have you subbed coconut oil in for your butter or oil yet? Not just because it is healthier but because it is YUMMY! I do it in waffles, and muffins and crumble toppings for cobblers. I also cook veggies in it and eggs and lick the spoon after...and feel less guilty that if I did that with butter....but I don't think I could do that with butter. Interested to see what your opinion is. (it does not give things a coconut flavor).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that recipe too! Next time I'll use butter too. It makes the world go round. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!