Friday, October 04, 2013

It's going to be a good one, I just know it.


It's one of my favorite weekends of the whole year. Hooray for General Conference! There are quite a few things that I have been thinking about lately and I know that if I listen to Conference with an open heart, my questions will be answered. I am excited to hunker down in the basement with my family and hear the words of our prophet. I believe that God still speaks to us today through living prophets, just as He did long ago. When I listen to the prophet speak, I feel comfort and peace. I learn things that help me navigate my way through this world in a better way. My worries are soothed, and I receive a renewed desire to be better and try harder. These Conference weekends buoy me up and help me to carry on.

Plus, my mom is in town. And that's always a good thing.

You can watch General Conference in your own home here. I hope you'll have a listen. Then we can talk about it next week.

See you then!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! And I'm channeling all my sponginess so that I can absorb all the revelation and wisdom it as it comes. I'm so grateful for living witnesses of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definately had some favorites this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!