Monday, August 12, 2013

weekend report


In a stroke of brilliance, Mike hired a plumber this weekend to finish the bathrooms we've been working on. It turns out that plumbing is not our (my) forte. The plumber probably had a good laugh over the pipes I had rigged up. They were pretty ridiculous. I'm just glad the bathrooms are finished and finally leak free. I'm sure I'll share pictures soon because what are blogs for if not for sharing poorly-lit photos of diy renovations?

On Saturday morning Mike and I went running. We've been running together for more than a year now, and it is still the best thing ever. Lately we've been adding more miles to our runs and I think I might die. (It must be the marathon training looming in Mike's future that is spurring him on.) Anyway, running is hard work. But I think that's why I like it so much.

During Sacrament Meeting Sunday morning Mike sang a duet with our Bishop. Did you know that Mike was a singer? Well he is. And a very good one.

Add in dinner with some of our favorite friends Saturday night and a visit to the temple after our Saturday morning run and that makes for one fine weekend.

I hope yours was great, too!

6 comments:

  1. your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there to hear Mike sing. We miss you all!
    I can't wait to see your bathroom re-dos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you handle your kids while you are out running? We have a three-year-old and a newborn, and I've only gone running a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for professional plumbers. That was nice of Mike. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I didn't know he was a singer. I bet it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray! Now you can focus on other things for your DIY project. While it’s necessary to have a bit of plumbing knowhow for every homeowner, in some cases, it’s better to ask for professional help. Who knows, you could’ve done a worse job of it and did more damage.

    Capital Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!