Friday, June 07, 2013

we went swimming + it's the weekend


We went swimming today, and this girl did not want to get out of the pool. She'd stay in til the lifeguards kicked her out, even if she was shivering. While we were there, I forgot I was a mom for a few minutes and went off the diving board. Why am I always so reluctant to get my hair wet? It's silly, and going off the diving board is the most fun.

Things I am looking forward to this weekend:

Saturday morning pain au chocolate fresh from the ovens at Proof Bread. If you are local, check them out. Chef Jared makes the most beautiful bread. My mouth is already watering for tomorrow's treat.

Having Mike around. Now that it's summer, every day sort of feels like the weekend, except that Mike is away at work. We miss him when he's gone, and Saturdays are our favorite just because we get to spend them with him. Maybe we'll build our chickens a new nesting box? Or put down some backer board so we can start tiling our guest bathroom? Or maybe we'll just lay around and be lazy? Who knows.

What are you looking forward to?


3 comments:

  1. Swimming is fun, we should get our hair wet more! And thanks for sharing proof bread! Saturday mornings are delicious because of Jared's croissants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to next week to see you and celebrate birthdays. Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, how do you do the pool with your kids? Does your husband always go with you? I wish I could just take my three (6, 4 and 1yrs.) to the pool by myself, but it's always gotta wait until the weekend with the husband can help.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!