Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside.


I'll tell you what, I am not cut out for winter. I haven't been warm since before Christmas. Our hot chocolate supply is getting dangerously low. I am wearing socks, for heaven's sake! Our low is supposed to be a frigid 25 today. Now, I know that for some of you, that is winter business as usual. But we are weak blooded here in the desert and I think I might die.

When it's hot for most of the year, you don't really collect proper winter clothes. You think that a long sleeved t-shirt or a thin, 3/4 sleeve cardigan will see you through til spring. But they totally won't. I was on the look out for something cozy without a hood (because long hair + hoods make me crazy). Target left me empty handed. So I headed to my other store, Old Navy, and found myself in their kids department. Hooray for a winner! Best $15 I've spent in a long time.

I'll still be sitting in front of my space heater, sipping hot chocolate all day though, if you need me.

9 comments:

  1. Take it from this girl from Michigan...get yourself some "cuddle duds"! They are lightweight and meant to be layered under jeans and sweaters. You will be toasty and warm in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We now live where it is winter and we all have "real" winter coats, most of them water proof, we all own ski bibs or pants, and a pair of sorel boots for every family member (with spare sizes of kids bibs, coats, and boots in storage). I have yak trax to put on my shoes to run on the ice! I have long sleeves and sweaters, scarves, and sunday boots (i wore them in the valley at Christmas and got too hot and realized I will never wear boots for fashion sake- but am greatful for their waterproofness and traction here on the mountain!). But I am not a winter girl. I have lots of cute skirts and shorts for the summer! And a too big collection of light jackets that get me through the spring, fall and cool summer nights. I don't have a good pair of warms winter pants and hope for days that I can spend inside in my pj's or sweats. the only reason I want a long winter is so my family can ski and snowboard to their heart's delight. I am not a lover of the winter either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is cold here too but not 25-more like 47 in the am and going up to 60 in the day time. That is cold for me and I really like it when it is in the 70's. Hopefully this cold won't last lon here or there.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. kids section, huh. only wish i could. sigh. stay warm! looks like we've swapped weather -- it'll be 72* here sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, cold is cold! when you are used to hot summers 25 IS frigid! cute sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It HAS been so cold here this past month! I'm always at a loss as to what to wear when it's cold. I even had to go buy more warm socks because my 2 pairs weren't enough for how cold it's been!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your shirt is cute, but i am jealous over your hair. i can't curl my hair to save my life. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm from Estonia and it's -28 Celsius here and it's -18.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
    We cant have a break tough, everyone has to go to school and work even if you feel you are going to freeze to death outside.
    So you're pretty lucky there :D
    Keep yourself warm with knitted wool socks, the best medicine for cold feet :)
    Liis From cold cold Estonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I'm from Estonia and it's -28 Celsius here and it's -18.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
    We cant have a break tough, everyone has to go to school and work even if you feel you are going to freeze to death outside.
    So you're pretty lucky there :D
    Keep yourself warm with knitted wool socks, the best medicine for cold feet :)
    Liis From cold cold Estonia :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!