Thursday, November 08, 2012

to be at home


On my favorite days, we don't leave the house unless we want to. We are homebodies and that is just how I like it. Being at home with my children is one of my greatest blessings. It is not always easy, but I am thankful for this time in my life. I know that someday Stella won't want to play games on the floor with me and Elliot won't want to sit and read books on the couch, so right now I am happily and gratefully content to spend my days snug within the confines of our home. It is a good life and I am thankful to be able to do it.


p.s. If you are still seeking solace after Tuesday's election, I loved this essay.

4 comments:

  1. I have been finding endless inspiration from your posts about the beauty of motherhood. Thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Being at home with young children can be hard and wearing but I know it will pass in a flash and I'll long for it once it's gone. I love your blog.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is my favorite place to be, too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link to that essay! i am still totally bummed so I'm glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!