Monday, April 16, 2012

life lately

My sister, Leslie, is the best for lots of reasons. One being that when she sees something she thinks you'd like, she sends it to you. Like this phone case. She is so thoughtful, and I love her.

This photo of little Mike kills me dead. I love it so. And, as if we needed it, it is more proof of my weak genes. I see so much of our kids in his face.

This still happens on a regular basis. Elliot thinks he's ready to wake up, but what he really wants is to hug on his chair for another hour or so. Sometimes I feel trapped. But mostly the weight of his little body on my chest, and his sleepy sweaty smell feel just like heaven.

What do you think about the half tuck? I sort of really like it.

Hello. Goodbye.

I like it when Mike and I accidentally coordinate our outfits. Yesterday it was navy and gray, my current favorite.

Things around here have been busy, but good. Lots of sewing. Lots of baseball. Lots of gorgeous weather. We're all kind of itchy for school to let out. One more month. I think we can make it.

What does your life look like lately?

12 comments:

  1. where did she find that iphone case!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of the half-tuck. I feel I look pulled together but casual at the same time, but mostly it helps me feel covered in the back when I bend over.

    And my husband and I frequently turn out as twinners. We then have to state who got dress first, thought we usually just embrace the matching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the iphone case is from etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently sporting the navy blue/coral look since I found a cute coral cardigan at target. Now I'll have to look for a gray one...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love for Addison to wake up like that, at least on occasion. She wakes up screaming and crying most days (which we can't account for). But every once in awhile when she's sick, she will cuddle and fall asleep on me and it's a few minutes of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that picture of mike. i think we an safely say that your kids have your mouth, but that's about it, probably. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that picture of your husband looks very much like your kids! I have weak genes too...except for my fifth, I can see me in him for sure. Can't believe it's almost summer vacation...spring is flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. having a sister is awesome. i have two and they are wonderful.
    i am ready for summer break too. i feel like a kid again--counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! My sister bought me a phone case too!! Out of the blue. And it is floral too. It is absolutely perfect. Aren't sisters the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your striped shirt! Where did you find it? I'm on a hunt for just the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the striped shirt is from shade, via my sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!