Tuesday, April 10, 2012

girls in white dresses



I don't think I've ever been so busy with sewing projects. I am very grateful. It seems like we've had a lot of extra expenses popping up (like a front door to install, and a big boy bed for Elliot to purchase), and it feels good to be able to pay for them without altering our budget.

I finished these sweet dresses today for a pair of sisters. One sister is getting baptized next month, and the other will be blessed. I used a tissue weight white linen (one of my favorite fabrics; it makes an excellent ruffle), and lined them with a soft cotton. My favorite thing is that teeny little ruffled slip!

I used Butterick 3350 for the baptism dress. I've sewn it lots of times, and it is one of my favorite patterns. It lends itself so well to personalization. And Simplicity 5813 for the blessing dress.

13 comments:

  1. those tiny ruffles are so sweet.
    i especially love the sash on the baptism dress.
    very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always. My sewingachine is on the fritz. Not sure what to do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so timeless and beautiful. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! And those ruffles are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! Very beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you do such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you put me on the list in advance? I'd love such a simple and cute baptism dress for Ellie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just in case you get super busy, I thought 3 years should be enough notice:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. not related to your post...but I FOUND YOU A HELMET to ride your bike with!!
    http://www.designmom.com/2012/04/disco-ball-helmet/

    ReplyDelete
  10. STeph these are so adorable-luck little girll who gets to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are beautiful. Would you be interested in a client that is not local?

    jamie @ jamietonks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little girls are going to look darling. Love the dresses, Stephanie. You are such a talent. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter needs a baptism dress for her oldest daughter. Do you sew for other people? My fingers are crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!