Thursday, November 03, 2011

a quiet life


This month of thanksgiving is all about finding gratitude in the everyday, small moments of my life. I like the challenge of snapping a picture sometime during my day that represents my feelings in that moment. It is so satisfying. Are you doing it, too?

After I sent my kids to school yesterday, and Elliot was taking his morning nap, I looked around my silent house and felt immensely grateful for this quiet little life of mine. I am living the life I always imagined for myself. I realize that this is a great blessing. I am thankful that Mike so willingly carries the burden of providing for our family, so that I can stay home full time. He works hard to create our life, and I am grateful for his sacrifice.

A special bonus gratitude for today: a happy marriage. I posted a little bit of our love story a few weeks ago. Beautiful Senja has posted more here.

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my quiet life and my hard-working husband too! It's nice to be loved so much that you can do what you have always dreamed of! Keep on enjoying those nap times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to your love story. I never tire of it! Kind of like ours at VPHS. And much gratitude for hard working husbands! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you home. New piece in entry way-like it a lot!
    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your home. It truly is peaceful and wonderful. It always makes me sad to leave.

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!