Monday, October 17, 2011

date night and french toast


Wowee, Mike and I are on a roll. We've gone on a date for the past two weekends straight. I'm so proud of us. Getting everything and everyone ready for bed and a babysitter before we leave can be stressful, but it is so worth it! Saturday night we went to dinner and the apple store. I love eating food that I did not prepare. Without kids. It was so nice and easy and relaxing. 

On Sunday morning we found more eggs in the nesting boxes than we've seen all summer. That totally called for french toast. So we mixed the eggs with some milk and cinnamon and a day old loaf of bread, and we were in breakfast business. The kids were so stuffed that they didn't even beg for one of Elliot's snacks during church. I don't remember the last time that happened.

How was your weekend? I hope it was nice wherever you are. It's still too hot here. Blah.

p.s. Our favorite feature of the Grand Wagoneer is the cozy date night bench seating. It's one of the best things we've done for our marriage.

4 comments:

  1. 2 weeks straight.. that is impressive. Good for you 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep up the date night it is one of the best things you two can do for yourselves.
    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooovvve date night. I want to try that recipe- i want to try all your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need a date night, since our son Judah has been born (last December) we have had one :-(

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!