Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a salad that tastes like summer


The moment I saw this salad featured on Say Yes to Hoboken, it was love at first sight. I knew it would become a fast favorite. It is light and simple, delicious and so very summery. I've made it three times now and each time I've had to stop myself from finishing the whole bowl.

Sauteed Corn and Black Bean Salad

Saute the kernels from three ears of corn in 2 T of butter until browned slightly

Combine with:
one can of black beans, drained and rinsed
one avocado, sliced
half of a bunch of green onions, chopped
juice from a lime or two
one bunch of cilantro, chopped

Serve chilled

from Martha via Say Yes to Hoboken


I'm blog hopping today. These ladies have also posted their favorite summer salads. Check them out!

Miranda, Lee, Kimberlee, Sara, Christina

10 comments:

  1. Corn and black bean salads are one of my all time favorites! Add 1 jalapeno and you get my recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks delish. I LOVE cilantro it is so fresh and summery. I meant to tell you as well that my girls did a summer singing group that they loved- I will give you more details. It reminded me of the one you were posting about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! All my favorite ingredients. I want one right now at 6am. I'll be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, there is *nothing* better than cilantro -- I *love* it!

    I know it's kinda tacky to post a link in somebody's comments, but last week I posted a similar salad on my blog, which I kinda made up ... but with fire roasted garlic tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and peppers. I'd love for you to check it out: http://livingabigstory.blogspot.com/2011/07/youve-got-to-start-somewhere-aka-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic. Can't wait to try it, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I LOVE cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cilantro has taken over my little herb garden. This salad looks like the perfect excuse to use some of it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe Stephanie. I can't wait to make it. It looks like the kind of salad that I could become obsessed with and make multiple times in the next couple of months. Enough to make us say, "remember that one summer when all we ate was sauteed corn salad?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a similar salad called Toasted Corn Vinegarette that I can't get enough of. Time to stop by the corn stands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, I am making this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!