Monday, October 19, 2009

The City

jooj, mom, me, and les in Washington Square Park

I spent last weekend in New York with my mom and sisters. It's been a long time since I have traveled anywhere alone, and a long time since I was last in New York, and it was just completely wonderful.

We spent the weekend doing what you do while visiting New York: walking, shopping, going to museums, and eating really yummy food.

Julianne lives in Harlem and works at the UN. Yes, she is that cool. She was the perfect city guide.

Here are some highlights (stolen from Leslie's camera, of course.):

jooj, mom, me (freezing) walking across the pretty Brooklyn Bridge


We broke down and went to Times Square. I know, how very touristy of us. :)


We stopped at teeny Purl Patchwork in soho for some cute fabric for Stella's birthday dress.


The weekend was a great success.
Let's do it again! London 2011?

For a full rundown on the trip, check Leslie's blog.


Special thanks go to:

Mike, for being Mr. Mom while I was gone. The kids were well taken care of, happy, and I even came home to a clean house.

Grandma Donna, for feeding and watching my kids while Mike worked. From what I've heard, they didn't want to leave her house.

My Mom and Leslie for making the trip a reality.

15 comments:

  1. I'm always envious of the sisters' trip because I don't have a sister.

    PurlSoHo is the coolest store ever. It's "sew" New York. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time. I love getting away with people I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i'm still blogging all these pictures, too. we have different readers, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Next time the in-law daughters want to come!
    I can't believe how tiny purl patchwork looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! It looks beautiful and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is my dream to go to New York before we have kids.

    Looked like a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a wonderful time.
    Love you much
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that umbrella picture. Looks like you guys had a great time. A clean house to come home to? Can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a blast? went for my first time in august and i think about going back all the time. we had the best food there. now i am dying to see Bye Bye Birdie.
    did you see a show?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a great time! It's nice to travel alone sometimes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. you lucky girl. that sounds so fun. we have never been to new york but its one of those places that eric and i talk about going with no kids. some day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you guys had a great time..Hope it wasn't to cold for ya well you were there... Here in Canada we are alittle cooler then NY..Hope you have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much fun is this? Spending time with your sisters and Mother has to be the best... especially when you don't worry about what's happening at home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a sister's trip!! how fun! just found your blog and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!