Saturday, August 08, 2009

I'm a sucker for a muffin.


Mike had to work today (boo) so instead of Saturday morning waffles, I made muffins. They were yummy.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1/2 c milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 c flour
1 c chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk. Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour for 2 large loaf pans.
Bake at 375 for 4 small loaf pans.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes for 20 large muffins.
Bake at 375 for 12 minutes for 5 dozen mini muffins.

I made the regular muffin size and ended up with 22. I wish I had used mini chocolate chips or fewer chocolate chips, because the banana flavor is kind of overwhelmed by chocolate (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But they were good and my kids each downed a few. In fact, Stella is saying "more cookie" as I type. I can't get her to admit that they are muffins.

recipe found here

5 comments:

  1. i love those. i have made them instead of banana bread for months now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the husband working on saturday world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie calls muffins "cake". When obviously muffins are a breakfast food, and cake is a dessert. Who knows why she gets the 2 confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!