Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paint

Some of you have asked what kind of paint I used on the crib. Well, I (or I should say Mike) used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Gloss spray paint in Colonial Red. In all of my research about baby-safe paints, the only advice I could find was to use paint that is free of lead.

If I had more patience and more time, I would have used Milk Paint, which is very natural and safe, but takes more work. I didn't want to have to strip the crib's original finish first. With the spray paint, Mike was able to prime and paint without much preparation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. So, no sanding. What about primer and topcoat? Or just two coats of the spray paint? You can just email me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!