Wednesday, December 14, 2005

No Disneyland Today

An ideal homemaker makes the best use of her time and energy by being efficient so that she is able not only to keep up with her housework, but she is able to be a companion to her husband and a friend and teacher to her children. She is also able to pursue some personal interests which further contribute to her happiness and development.
The Art of Homemaking

We were going to go to Disneyland this morning to see it decorated for Christmas, but Oliver is sick and won't leave my arms. He is currently in my lap. I think he just has a cold, but I didn't want him to have to deal with Disneyland. Frankly, I didn't want to deal with it today, either.

Even though I have a small house, it seems like my housework is never done. I guess that's the life of a stay-at-home mom. I don't really mind housework, though. I like washing dishes and folding laundry. I like vacuuming and sweeping, too. There is a nice sense of accomplishment when these tasks are completed. I am so grateful that I get to stay home. Next to my testimony and my family, that is my greatest blessing. I am so blessed to have a husband who goes to work everyday (even in these extra-stressful times) so that I can be here with our kids, taking care of our home. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming and I feel like raising my hand to my forehead in a near faint like the girl in the picture above, but most of the time I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!