Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Favorite Music

song that reminds you of high school:
anything by the Cranberries

what's playing in your car currently:
the lame-o radio

favorite love song:
Never My Love - the Association

song that reminds you of your spouse:
Picture Postcard - the Promise Ring

favorite lullaby:
Edelweiss performed by the Innocence Mission (or Captain von Trapp)

favorite Christmas song:
A Cradle in Bethlehem - Nat King Cole


your children's favorite songs:
Mabel loves Mississippi Girl by Faith Hill. Oliver doesn't care.

favorite artist you've seen in concert:
Simon & Garfunkel (it was totally awesome!) but Neil Diamond was a close second

first six songs that come up on your iPod when you hit shuffle:
1. Summertime - the Sundays
2. The Hardest Part - Coldplay
3. Ten - Jimmy Eat World
4. Creep - The Cure
5. Dick Dale Medley - the Surfaris
6. For Emily, whenever I may find her - Simon & Garfunkel

some of your all-time favorite songs not already listed above:
1. The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
2. Girl - the Beatles
3. Easy Silence - the Dixie Chicks
4. I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
5. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - the Smiths
6. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

5 comments:

  1. This is one of those times when i remember i'm 5 years younger than you because i think i have heard of 5 of those songs before. I'm sure it would be the same for you if i did a post like this. i still love you, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Mel, I need to come raid your itunes because I love all of this stuff but have none of it on my ipod. The only thing I have is running music and it's not good listening for any other occasion. I just cant remember the names of songs or who sings them when I'm trying to fill my itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one can never listen to "the only living boy in new york" enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love almost every single one of those songs. that's why we're sisters. :)
    dixie chicks and faith hill, not so much.
    sundays, mazzy star, i will follow you into the dark, only living boy, the cure, edelweiss: YES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on that song. That whole CD is awesome (Real Rhapsody let me listen to it for FREE!)... Moon River is another all-time favorite ever since "Breakfast with Tiffany's" and my obsession with Audrey Hepburn began.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I'd love to respond, and it is much easier if your account is linked to your email address. Or, you could just email me at barefootstephanie@gmail.com. Thank you!